Leader: Meisha Hill
Co Leader: LaTasha Unseld
Secretary/Treasurer: LaTonya Furdge
Social Media: Sonya Crawford
- Offering a Christ-centered, biblical approach to combating domestic violence within the family and the Church
- Providing support for women who are experiencing domestic violence
- Educating women, the Church and community regarding the dynamics of domestic violence and providing women with the necessary tools to break the cycle of violence and live healthy productive lives
- Provide educational resources to support pastoral care for women and their children dealing with domestic violence
- Educate teens, young adults and their parents regarding the issues of domestic violence within teen / young adult dating relationships.
Domestic Violence Videos:
Power and Control Wheel:
Futures without violence Ambassador Toolkit:
Futures without Violence Ambassador Toolkit includes:
- Discussion guides for film screenings and after school workshops.
- Posters and handout materials.
- Sample social media posts to share.
- Videos and podcasts related to teen dating violence.
- Scripts to use in your school’s drama club.
Family Planning Strategies for Safety during Isolation:
- Identify one friend (abuser doesn’t know) who might be able to provide shelter in an emergency.
- Find a “safe room” away from all weapons and near a door or window in the home.
- Come up with code words to share with children to let them know discreetly get ready to flee.
- Learn digital ways to seek help and the online services available to assist with orders of protection remotely.